Welcome to Volunteer South Mississippi, a virtual tool that matches volunteers' talents, availability, and passions with local non-profit organizations' needs.
Check out the featured opportunities in the Sun Herald newspaper!
Peer Health Advocate Training The Coastal Resource and Resiliency Center is seeking candidates to train as Peer Health Advocates (PHAs). PHAs typically serve as volunteers, providing members of their communities with health information, encouraging healthy lifestyles, preventive care, emergency preparedness, and assisting people in gaining access to needed health services. PHAs do not provide medical advice or health therapy. The next training session is February 22-25 in Gulfport, and applications are due by Jan. 23. For more information, click here!
Food Show Volunteer At the Mississippi Gulf Coast Coliseum on Tuesday, January 20th from about 2:30-5pm volunteers will help break down and load up fresh food donations at the Associated Wholesale Grocer (AWG) Food Show so that Bay Area Food Bank can distribute this food to families and individuals in need. If you’d like to help out, click here!
Volunteer Business Counselor SCORE, the Service Corps of Retired Executives, is looking for volunteers who are willing to donate three to six hours per month helping local businesses. Volunteers should know the basics of starting and operating a business, and have experience running a business, as well as being a current/past attorney, accountant, bookkeeper, manager, or administrator. For more information, click here!
- Dori-Ann R: replied to the Opportunity "Visitor Services Volunteer" - Dec 20, 2014
- Lisa W: replied to the Opportunity "In Office Help Needed!" - Dec 19, 2014
- Lisa W: joined the site - Dec 19, 2014
- Briana M: became a fan of "Youth For Christ" - Dec 17, 2014
- Briana M: became a fan of "Women's Initiative of United Way of South MS" - Dec 17, 2014
- Briana M: became a fan of "Walter Anderson museum of Art" - Dec 17, 2014
- Briana M: became a fan of "W.J. Quarles Elementary" - Dec 17, 2014
- Briana M: became a fan of "VISIONS OF HOPE INC" - Dec 17, 2014
- Briana M: became a fan of "USO Gulf Coast" - Dec 17, 2014
- Briana M: became a fan of "USM Gulf Coast SGA" - Dec 17, 2014
- USA Coastal Resource and Resiliency Center: posted a new need "Peer Health Advocate Training--Gulfport, MS " - Dec 15, 2014
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic Foundation: posted a new need "Join the Par-Tee at the 2015 MGRC! " - Dec 03, 2014
- Bay Area Food Bank: posted a new need "In Office Help Needed!" - Nov 24, 2014
- Bay Area Food Bank: posted a new need "Food Show Volunteer" - Nov 18, 2014